Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter
- The promoter is: Trade Tool Giveaways Ltd, Company Number 12591433 and whose registered office is at Suite 3, Philpott House, Station Road, Rayleigh, Essex, SS67HH.
- Our correspondence address is Trade Tool Giveaways, Centre Oaks Farm, Central Avenue, Hullbridge, Essex, SS56AU.
- If you wish to contact us for any reason, please email [email protected] or call us on 07460321401.
- The competition
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions listed on the Promoter’s website at https://www.tradetoolgiveaways.co.uk (the “Website”)
- All competitions are skill-based competitions, and an entry fee is payable each time you enter.
- To be in with a chance of winning, everyone who enters the competition (an “Entrant”) will be required to correctly answer a question or solve a problem set by the Promoter (the “Competition Question”).
- How to enter
- The competition will run from and including the opening and closing dates specified on the Website. These dates shall be referred to as the “Opening Date” and “Closing Date” respectively. All times and dates referred to are the times and dates in London, England.
- If it is absolutely necessary to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to change the Opening and Closing Dates. If the Promoter does change the Opening Date and/or the Closing Date of a competition, the new details will be displayed on the Website.
- All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than the specified time on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the specified time on the Closing Date are automatically disqualified and no refunds will be given.
- The maximum number entries to the competition will be stated on the Website. The number of entries you are able to make may be limited if the maximum number of entries is reached.
- To enter the competition:
- go to the Website and view the Competition Question, select your answer to the competition question and choose your required number of entries
- complete the checkout process and submit the online entry form; then
- purchase the required number of entries; then
- when you have purchased your entries, you will receive order confirmation via the email address provided within your registered account.
- All entries must be submitted in the English language. Entries in languages other than English will automatically be disqualified and no refund will be given.
- The Promoter will send confirmation that your entry has been received including your allocated tickets number(s)
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are not successfully completed, are lost or are delayed regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- By purchasing entries and submitting a competition entry, you are entering into a contract with the Promoter and are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- You may enter the competition for free by complying with the following conditions:(Due to Covid-19 – our office administration hours are currently significantly reduced following government guidelines.)
- send your entry by first class post to the Promoter at the following address: Suite 3, Philpott House, Station Road, Rayleigh, Essex, SS67HH.
- include with your entry the following information:
- your full name;
- your address;
- a contact telephone number and email address; and
- your answer to the Competition Question.
- incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified;
- you may make free entry for any competition but each free entry must be submitted and posted to the Promoter separately. Bulk entries in one envelope will not be accepted as multiple entries and if a bulk entry is received, it will be counted as one single entry;
- by entering the competition, you are confirming that you are eligible to enter and accept these terms and conditions;
- your entry must be received by the Promoter prior to the Closing Date. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the random draw;
- the Promoter will not acknowledge receipt of your entry nor confirm if your answer to the Competition Question is correct;
- if the number of paid entries reaches any cap or limit before your free entry is received, you will not be entered into the random draw.
- Entrants must have created an account on the website for the free entry to be processed. All details on the postcard MUST correspond to the details on the account. Postal entries received without a registered account will not be processed
- Choosing a winner
- All Entrants who correctly answer the Competition Question will be placed into a draw and the winner will be chosen by random draw. The random draw will take place as soon as reasonably possible and, in any event, within  days of the Closing Date (“Draw Date“).
- For help with entries, please email us at [email protected]
- All Entrants will have their names and ticket numbers put into a spreadsheet. This spreadsheet will be visible during the live draw. If you wish to have your name censored from the spreadsheet for the live draw, please contact [email protected] with reasonable time left before the prize draw takes place.
- The competition is only open to all residents in the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except:
- employees of the Promoter;
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition. If you fail to provide the Promoter with any such proof or other information that they may require within a reasonable time, you may be disqualified from the competition.
- The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer; or
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- No refunds of the entry fee will be given in any event, including;
- if, following your entry into the competition, you subsequently find out that you are not eligible to enter the competition or claim the Prize;
- if, following your entry into the competition the eligibility criteria for entering the competition or claiming the Prize changes and you are no longer eligible; or
- if you are disqualified from the competition by the Promoter for any reason.
- Entrants can enter the competition as many times as they wish [until the maximum number of entries have been received. Entrants submitting free entries must submit each entry separately. Bulk entries, if received, will not be accepted and will only be counted as one single entry.
- An Entry will be declared void (without any refund provided) if the Entrant engages in:
- any form of fraud (actual or apparent);
- fraudulent misrepresentation;
- fraudulent concealment;
- hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website; or
- amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the website.
- The competition is only open to all residents in the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except:
- The prize
- The prize for the competition is described on the Website (the “Prize”). Details of the Prize are, to the best of the Promoter’s knowledge, information and belief, correct as at the Opening Date.
- Prizes are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. If any details of the Prize change, the Promoter will endeavour to update the Website as soon as reasonably possible.
- The Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties about the Prize, its value, its condition or any other information provided on the Website. The Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties that the information provide on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- The Prize may be supplied by a third-party supplier (the “Supplier”). Details of the Supplier (if any) will be provided on the Website.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative cash prize (“Cash Prize”) in the following circumstances:
- the Prize becomes unavailable;
- other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter make it necessary to do so.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Draw Date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed the Prize within 21 days of the Draw Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will [publish the surname and county of major prize winners on the Website.
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at [email protected] prior to the Closing Date. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Claiming the prize
- You must claim the Prize personally. The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf. Details of how the Prize will be delivered to you (or made available for collection) are published on the Website.
- If your personal details, including contact information, changes at any time you should notify the Promoter as soon as reasonably possible. Notifications should be sent to the Promoter via email to [email protected] Notifications must include details of the competition you have entered, your old details and your new details. If your details change within 10 days of the Closing Date, the Promoter will use your old details if it needs to try to contact you.
- Any Cash Prize will be transferred directly to the winners nominated bank account. The winner must provide evidence that it is the sole or joint beneficiary of the bank account. Failure to do so within  days will result in disqualification from the competition and the winner forfeiting the prize. In such circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable to pay any compensation if you are unable to or do not take up the prize.
- Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Data protection and publicity
- If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
- If you do not wish to participate in any publicity, you must notify the Promoter prior to the Closing Date. This will not affect your chances of winning the Prize. If you do not agree to participate in any publicity about the competition we may still provide your details to the Advertising Standards Authority. This is a legal requirement that we must comply with to prove that the competition has been properly administered and the Prize awarded.
- If you are the winner of the competition, you may be required to provide further personal information and proof of your identity in order to confirm your eligibility to claim the Prize and transfer ownership of the Prize to you. You consent to the use of your information in this way. You are entitled to request further details about how your personal information is being used. You may also withdraw your consent to your personal information being used in such way but by doing so you may prevent the Prize being transferred to you. In such circumstances, you will be deemed to have withdrawn from the competition and forfeit the Prize. You will not be entitled to any refund of your entry fee. The Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- Please note that under data protection laws you are entitled to request that the Promoter does not contact you and removes your details from its database. If you make such a request you will be withdrawing from the competition as it will not be possible to contact you in the event that you are the winner. You will not be entitled to any refund of any entry fee if you withdraw from the competition. If you do not wish any of your personal details to be used by the Promoter for promotional purposes, please email the Promoter at [email protected] prior to the Closing Data.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. The latest version of these terms and conditions will be available on the Website.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition and any future competitions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The competitions on the Website are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering the competitions, Entrants agree that Facebook has no liability and is not responsible for the administration or promotion of the competitions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- You should print a copy of these terms and conditions and keep them for your records.
4.8 You may enter the competition for free by complying with the following conditions:
(a) send your entry on an unenclosed postcard by first class recorded post to the Promoter at the following address: Trade Tool Giveaways, Suite 3, Philpot House, Station Road, Rayleigh, Essex, SS67HH
(b) include with your entry the following information:
(i) your full name;
(ii) your address;
(iii) a contact telephone number and email address; and
(iv) your answer to the Competition Question.
(c) incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified;
(d) only one entry to each competition per postcard is allowed. Bulk entries in one envelope will not be accepted as multiple entries and if a bulk entry is received, it will be counted as one single entry;
(e) by entering the competition, you are confirming that you are eligible to enter and accept these terms and conditions;
(f) your entry must be received by the Promoter prior to the Closing Date. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the random draw;
(g) the Promoter will not acknowledge receipt of your entry nor confirm if your answer to the Competition Question is correct;
(h) if the number of paid entries reaches any cap or limit before your free entry is received, you will not be entered into the random draw.
(i) Entrants must have created an account on the Website for the free entry to be processed. All details on the postcard MUST correspond to the details on the account. Postal entries received without a registered account cannot be processed.
- CLOSING THE COMPETITION
5.1 If the Number of Entries to the Competition does not meet the maximum number of entries at the closing date, the Competition will either close and the proceeds will either be deemed sufficient to award the Power Tools/Equipment as a prize at the sole discretion of the Promoter, or the remaining funds will be allocated as a cash prize to a winner after the deduction of any expenses and marketing fees.
5.2 The Promoter will be entitled to retain 30% of the Entry Fees to cover administration. The remaining balance following deduction of the 30% plus expenses (marketing, payment solutions , legal fees , website hosting) is “the Prize Fund”. The Prize Fund will then be offered to the winning Entrant;
5.3 If the Winner cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 7 days of being notified of their status as the Winner by e-mail, telephone, Facebook or mail via the contact details submitted along with their entry, then the Promoter reserves the right to then select an Alternate winner, who will then have 7 days to accept the prize following the same routes of contact as the original Winner. The original winner will have no claim to the prize after the Alternate Winner is selected
- CONTEST/SELECTING WINNER
6.1 The winning Entrant will be selected at Random using Google Random Number Generator live on Facebook.
6.2 Full details of the draw date/time will be confirmed once the competition has been concluded via Facebook and or our website. This decision will be made within 48 hours of the close of the competition.
6.3 Entry lists will be displayed on our Facebook page – Trade Tool Giveaways and/or our website at least 4 hours prior to any draw taking place, unless otherwise arranged or stated.
6.4 In some cases Draw Numbers displayed in “My Account” on the website may be subject to change until the draw is confirmed to be closed and entry lists are published. For instance if the competition closes early and less than the maximum number of tickets have sold. Or in the rare case of any human or PC error.
6.5 There will only be one winner per competition unless otherwise stated.
6.6 If the contest is completed and the Prize is issued successfully then the prize will be transferred by the Promoter to the winner of the contest and shipping out free of charge or can be collected from our office.
7.1 The Promoter owns any prize offered from the time the competition is live until successful handover is completed as outlined in section 6.3
7.2 The Promoter does not imply or give any warranty in anyway shape or form. The Entrant must make up their own decision through their own enquiries and legal advice before entering the competition.
7.3 The prize will only be that as awarded at the time of the draw, no alternatives will be offered under any circumstance.
7.4 Collection of the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner, from the Promoter’s address unless otherwise agreed between the Promoter and the Winner.
7.5 The winner will be required to provide proof of identity and proof of entry into the competition at the time that the prize is collected.
7.6 If the winner is overseas and has entered our draw and wins, we reserve the right to either withdraw the prize or offer the winner to pay for their own postage in their country and any fees charged by their Country.
8.2 The Winner also agrees upon acceptance of the prize that they are required to have Photo(s) and or video(s) taken for promotional purposes, both directly after their win and in any future promotional material.
8.4 The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time either before or after tickets have been sold. If the Competition is cancelled, the Promoter will return any Entry Fees paid to each Entrant (either by bank card refund or by cheque and in one combined payment where several entries have been made by a competitor or store credit). Where the Entry Fee is returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person;
8.5 Save for death or personal injury the Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including economic loss) suffered to or sustained by any person or property as a result of any act or omission of the Promoters, nor will their servants or their agents in developing, planning and Administrating the Competition, distributing the Prize to the Winner or following the distribution of the Prize; The Promoter accepts no liability for errors or omissions contained within the Prize details, description or specification or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of this website.
8.6 The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered by an Entrant as a result of incomplete entries or failed computer communications or for any loss suffered as a result of use of the Website.
8.7 The Promoter do not accept responsibility for entries which they do not receive due to failures in computer systems, other malfunctions, high Internet traffic, hardware failure, software failure, server faults or any other reason.
8.8 These competition rules shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Promoters.
8.9 An entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the entrant engages in: (a) any form of fraud (actual or apparent); (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) fraudulent concealment; (d) hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website; or (e) amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the Website.
8.10 The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will be immediately published on the competition home page.
These Terms and Conditions have been drafted for use by Trade Tool Giveaways Ltd